Thursday, September 8, 2011

Spinach

As a child, i didn't care to eat spinach. Of course, the only way that I knew spinach to be was in the form of a block, frozen, cooked down to a shrivel.

As an adult, I discovered my love of fresh spinach in salads. And more recently I began to wonder what more creative ways i could incorporate spinach into my meals.

Here's what I came up with:

I followed this recipe for spinach soup (I omitted the croutons). 


And I have also been a fan of chopping up spinach and adding it to almost any dish.  Last night, I added it to the 15 bean stew that I made over the weekend:



I also like to use fresh spinach:
  • as a lettuce substitute in tacos
  • as the base for a salad
  • as an add-in for pasta salad
What ways do you use spinach?

No comments:

Post a Comment