Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cookie Dough

Last night, I made an amazing discovery...

a healthy version of cookie dough as a snack. (the clouds parted and a bright light poured down from the heavens).

I had been seeing variations of this recipe and some variations of homemade versions of Larabars.  I was intrieged.  However, I did not have a fancy $400 high speed blender required to pulverize the cashews and oats into a flour.  But last night, I had an epiphany about how to improvise--I could use my coffee bean grinder to make the flour, and my baby one-cup food processor to do the rest of the blending.  And so I proceeded...

Something else to note, I did not follow a recipe, but rather just mixed the ingredients from memory on a whim, but here is the official recipe that inspired me to make these.

Here are the ingredients: raw cashews, oatmeal, agave, olive oil, mini chocolate chips 

1) Use the coffee bean grinder to transform the raw cashews and oats into a flour.

2) Transfer flour into a food processor and add agave and just a touch of olive oil, blend until dough starts to clump together.

3) Add chocolate chips and roll dough into bite sized balls.

Viola!

Soooooooooo goooooood.  I'm not joking. These are yummy! Actually, they are beyond yummy. I don't know how I've made it through life this long without them.   

And it was so satisfying to be able to indulge in a dessert that I knew was made of healthy ingredients.
They are so good, Bella almost gobbled one up while I was trying to take a picture of it.
Tisk, tisk bella.

Raime

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious and I really cannot wait to try them!!!

    ReplyDelete